PEACE BE UNTO ALL THE TRUTHERS,SEEK KNOWLEDGE FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE

''MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS CLICK ''OLDER POSTS''AS FRONT PAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN '' FULL CONTENTS OF DAILY POSTS AND UPDATES''


Monday, April 5, 2010

Why Torture Is Necessary http://www.truthout.org/why-torture-necessary58259

Human history confirms Klein's research: the combined forces of greed and violence usually win. History also offers the testimony of General Smedley Butler (1881-1940), who wrote "War Is a Racket". One of only two Americans to win the Medal of Honor on two separate occasions, his words were as courageous as his actions, especially when he spoke about the real purpose of war:

"The flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.... I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.... I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914.

I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested."

No comments: