PEACE BE UNTO ALL THE TRUTHERS,SEEK KNOWLEDGE FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE

''MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS CLICK ''OLDER POSTS''AS FRONT PAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN '' FULL CONTENTS OF DAILY POSTS AND UPDATES''


Monday, November 12, 2012

Blood on the Silver: The High Cost of Mining Concessions in Oaxaca
The assassination was planned. We knew he was bothering the mine, because he was getting a lot of threats. He was very quiet about it, but he told me, "I know I'm going to die, because the mine doesn't like what I'm doing.'" Most threats came on the phone. They'd say, "You know, Bernardo, you're going to die.'" There was a threat written on the wall of the spillway below the dam, saying "Your end has come." Leaflets would appear in town, saying, "The end of Bernardo Vasquez has come." When we'd tell him to be careful he'd say, "I have to stay here. If my death is coming, I accept it." He came to help people wake up, and because of his bravery, many people followed him.—Avigahil Vasquez The civil war inside San Jose del Progreso began when Fortuna Silver, a company directed by Peruvian mining engineers and backed by Canadian investors, decided to open a modern mine in an area where small-scale prospecting had taken place for many years...
[ed notes:click link for whole article..

No comments: