|BRIT AMBASSADOR TO IRAN AT CSIS|
Iranian Legislature Gives 2-Week Deadline to Gov't to Expel British Ambassador http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9007275063 The Iranian government is required to expel the British Ambassador to Iran, Dominic Chilcott, after the legislature approved a bill requiring President Ahmadinejad's government to downgrade Tehran's ties with London from ambassadorial levels to that of charge d'affaires.The bill which was signed into a law by the members of the Islamic Consultative Assembly on Sunday gives a two-week deadline to the government to downgrade Tehran's relations with London. The Iranian legislators approved the bill with 179 yes votes, 4 oppositions and 11 abstentions. The 4 oppositions demanded a full cut of ties with London.
[ED NOTE:CSIS - Trustees - Henry A. Kissinger -- Chairman & CEO, Kissinger Associates, Inc.
- Zbigniew Brzezinski -- Counselor and Trustee, CSIS
- William S. Cohen -- Chairman & CEO, The Cohen Group
- Richard Armitage -- President, Armitage International
- David M. Rubenstein -- Cofounder and Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
- Charles A. Sanders -- Former Chairman & CEO, Glaxo Inc.
- James R. Schlesinger -- Former Secretary of Defense and Energy
- Brent Scowcroft -- President, Forum for International Policy
- James A. Bell -- Corporate President and CFO, The Boeing Company
- Reginald K. Brack -- Former Chairman & CEO, Time, Incorporated
- Rex Tillerson -- Chairman & CEO, Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Frederick B. Whittemore -- Advisory Director, Morgan Stanley