PEACE BE UNTO ALL THE TRUTHERS,SEEK KNOWLEDGE FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE

''MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS CLICK ''OLDER POSTS''AS FRONT PAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN '' FULL CONTENTS OF DAILY POSTS AND UPDATES''


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2011-10. As Firm as a Tree: Portraits of Diodora
On July 7, 2010, Diodora Hernandez, a staunch anti-mining activist, was shot point-blank on the right eye outside her home in the small community of San José Nueva Esperanza – only a few meters from a fence that delimits Goldcorp’s Marlin Mine. One year after her miraculous recuperation, Diodora’s anti-mining stance and activism remains as steadfast as everDiodora, walking alongside Carmen Mejía and trailed by one of two plainclothes police officers who provide security around the clock, states: “I will never sell my plot. This is where I was born, and I will die here. Even if I did sell it, where would I go?”“I am sad because most of my neighbors have sold out and left. But me, hmmm, don’t you worry, I will continue on with the struggle! I am firm as a tree. Standing I am, and standing I will remain.”
[BLESS THAT WOMAN...ALSO SEE MY '' ANTI MINING '' SECTION.. anti mining 

No comments: