In the wake of a deadly crackdown on supporters of ousted president Mohamed Morsi’s supporters, the Working Group on Egypt has issued a statement urging the United States to suspend military aid to Egypt until, among other conditions, authorities lift the state of emergency and release all political prisoners.
|Robert Kagan (co-chair)
|Michele Dunne (co-chair)
Council on Foreign Relations
Foreign Policy Initiative
Foundation for Defense of Democracies
Human Rights First
Ali Vural Ak Center for Islamic Studies
George Mason University
Project on Middle East Democracy
Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution
We therefore call on the Obama administration to take further steps, including an immediate suspension of military aid to Egypt. If the President fails once again to do so, we call on Congress to suspend military assistance to Egypt until such time as:
- the Egyptian state’s use of force against peaceful protesters stops
- the state of emergency is lifted
- all political prisoners are released unless credible evidence of violent crimes is presented to the judiciary
- the present Egyptian regime demonstrates a credible commitment to an open and fair political process
- this must include freedom of assembly, association, and expression, and the participation of all citizens acting peacefully in the return to a democratically elected government and the establishment of a democratic system of governance.
[ed notes:the above statements by working group comes from hardcore zionists who promote/d wars for israhell in region,list above...now,whats this all say and mean?for one,it tells us that this is merely rethoric...zionists want mb back in power?zionists dont care about democracy,nor egypt,or its people.They do care about making sure the Egyptian majority opposition to peace treaty is enforced and maintained,wich is exactly what egypts military upholds against populations wishes...is this zionist forked tongue doublespeak?likely...they know cutting aid to military strentghens mb aid from gulf and tukish govt,so why call for end to aid?so ,as not to look exposed for its longstanding support for military?rethoric or for mb return?
[ed notes;also see... Salafism+CIA: The winning formula to destabilize Russia, the Middle East by F. William Engdahl http://thenakedfacts.blogspot.com/2012/09/salafismcia-winning-formula-to.html
A year of democratic farce in Egypt: Samir Amin http://thenakedfacts.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-year-of-democratic-farce-in-egypt.html
JINSA ON EGYPT STATE COLLAPSE :U.S.(ZIONIST RAN) SHOULD TRY TO NOT FIND ITSELF IDENTIFIED AS PARTY TO STATE FAILURE http://thenakedfacts.blogspot.com/2013/02/jinsa-on-egypt-state-collapse-u.html